Sunday, August 29, 2010

Home, Sweet Home (Again!)


It's good to be home!  Here I am again, back home in beautiful San Diego.  The weather has been fantastic, I'm sleeping in my own bed, and spending my time with my family.  The kids had a great summer with Grandma and Grandpa, but I do know they missed me and Steve, so it's wonderful to be home with them again.  

I'm feeling fairly well... still a fair bit of chest discomfort from the pleurisy, and plenty of nausea and vomiting from the chemo and IV antibiotics.  But, I am able to get up and around and do some slow walks with the dogs (and Steve, the poop master), play some cards with the kids, and even cook some easy meals.  It's all progress, and that's all good.

As far as the study goes, I don't need to return to Chicago for 6 months, so I will get some time to heal and relax here at home.

Or maybe not... for tomorrow begins the new school year.  4th grade for Luke, 7th grade for Jake, and all that entails.  Tennis every day after school, homework and projects, lots of running around... I will need to pace myself.  And, someday soon I hope that I will be able to return to my horseback riding and maybe even tennis again.  One can always dream!

I'm off and slowly walking, and will keep you informed of the progress.  :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Holly -

    It's so wonderful to hear you talking about all the things you're planning to do. Please take it slowly and don't rush back into being the "mommy cabdriver" too soon if there's any way around it. I know you are chomping at the bit (so to speak) but also realize that you are Holly's best caretaker and that you will parcel out your energy as you need to.

    We are so happy you are finally home with your boys and husband and we look forward to seeing you soon.

    Lots of love and hugs,
    Elaine and Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, best news we could hope for, and so thrilled you are back in San Diego. Do take care of Holly for now so you can be full-time wife and mom again real soon. All the best to you with big hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news! So very happy you are home.

    Love, Jolie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to see you today on Luke's first day of school! Please let me know if I can help you in anyway with picking him up after school or anything else.
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Holly, I'm amazed how quickly you're recovering. Welcome back. Es

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to the rest, and I think also the best, of your life!! :) It is all too wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holly:

    You are not only my Chemo Sabe, you are now my Idol as well. No wonder you were always so good at tennis, you NEVER give up. Way to go,

    Chemo Sabe II

    ReplyDelete