Thursday, August 5, 2010

A New Beginning--Almost

I like change, she said, as long as I remember I like change.  --Brian Andreas


Back at Spa Prentice today.  I had a fun day getting to know more about my kids!  They play an internet game called Grepolis.  The game is tough... you build a city in ancient Greece and need to decide how to allocate your (at first) very limited resources.  Will you invest in your timber log operation, your silver mine, your quarry, or your Senate?  How many fields will you plant to feed your people and grow your city?


However, after a few days my beginners protection will end, so I will have to build up some troops to prevent invasion and destruction of my beautiful new city!  If you want to join Grepolis, email me or Jake.  It's fun, and a nice way to pass the hours here.


I'm pretty tired right now.  I was given some IV Ativan for the bladder catherterization (multiple ouchy attempts) and another dose for the chemo.  I will be given Benadryl in just a couple of minutes for the r-ATG, so I know I will sleep after that.  But, I wanted to just write a quick note to you all and say that I am doing fine.  My WBC (white cells) were 4.8 today, hemoglobin 10.4, platelets 227.  Absolute neutrophiles 3.8.  Great starting numbers, I guess.  I will probably need some platelet and red cell transfusions while I am here, though, because the destruction of my bone marrow has started.


It's a change.  I'm hoping this reboot will be a big change for the better.  The care here is exceptional, the staff is wonderful, the room is quite nice, and it's great to have Steve here with me most of the day.  I miss you all and, where ever you are, rest assured I wish I was there with you.  Thanks for all of your kind notes...you keep me going.


Oh, and did you notice I changed my web page, too?  Get ready for lots of changes to come!

5 comments:

  1. You write so clever for someone who was given IV Ativan, and you'll have to share how you do in Grepolis.:) Thanks for the updates as you're constantly in our thoughts. Es

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You are amazing to update us today. Thank you! Can't wait till you are home. We will try to visit you in Grepolis. Of course we will need a 9 or 12 year old to show us how to play!
    Sending you cyber hugs and love,
    Christie and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the new web wallpaper. Thinking of you, Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the changes to the page. But even more, love your outlook.
    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids must finally know how COOL you are!! Way to go.. with the game and with everything.

    ReplyDelete