Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Forever Young





Well, I got my new birthday:  August 10, 2010.  I'm not sure if that makes me forever young, but I'm going with it!  I'm certainly feeling better each day, so hopefully that's kind of a Benjamin Button type of thing!  :)


I made it back to my apartment from the hospital and I am receiving outpatient treatment today and tomorrow.  I will be able to fly home to San Diego on Wednesday night, and continue care with my wonderful doctors at Scripps starting on Thursday.


I am so excited to see my family and friends, so excited to be on the road to recovery, and so grateful to everyone who has supported me through this process.


These first 100 days are critical in avoiding infections, but after that I will slowly be able to return to the activities that I love and life should just get back to normal.


Love you all!  


May God Bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay, forever young


-Bob Dylan

8 comments:

  1. Way to go Holly!!! We look forward to seeing you in September!
    Love,
    Shilpa, Kapil, Brij, and Shiv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly:

    Your last two blogs are the finest, happiest words I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Your family and friends are celebrating your win of the past week and will now hold our breath as you move through the next 100 days.

    Hugs and love, PapPap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great news, Holly! San Diego has been so dull without your shining presence.Keep getting stronger! Love, B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you the best for your return home!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto PapPap! Love you Holly. Safe trip home, Alicia, Rich, and the girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly,
    What great news! I am so happy to hear you will be coming home soon and on such a positive note. It's wonderful to hear that with everything you have been through the light at the end of the tunnel is now shining so bright, 100 days will go by quickly.
    I look forward to seeing you as soon as you are ready for visitors and hope to get you back out on that tennis court again.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear that you're well enough to come back to SD ! Es

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life is good. Happy New Birthday!

    ReplyDelete