Sunday, August 22, 2010

Meet Sherlyn Delaney Roberts

I have been contacted by and supported by so many people during this process.  One of them is Sherlyn, a scleroderma patient who underwent stem cell transplant in 2004.

I found her story amazing and inspiring, but I also felt that she described the experience of scleroderma and the stem cell process in a way that really resonated with me, and with writing far better than my own.  If you have the time, please click the link and read her story, which was published in the Scleroderma Voice in 2007.  While her complications during transplant were certainly more dramatic than mine, it is so encouraging to read in the story and hear from Sherlyn herself about how well she is doing all these years later!

I am also slowly improving and hope to be discharged to my apartment tomorrow!

http://www.scleroderma.org/pdf/News/2007/sherlyn-story.pdf

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful link. Now I know what I will do tomorrow. We are just brimming with happiness for you. Thank you so much for keeping us all so up to date. It does help us so much. Keep smiling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, we just read your posting from Saturday. What wonderful news! You are such an inspiration.
    Love,
    Barb and Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,

    There are three Painted Ponies bucking and jumping for joy with your great news.

    Trish and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty pleased to uncover this great site. I wanted to thank you for your time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely savored every bit of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to see new information in your website. I though you should know, I bookmarked Blogger: Kickboxing for Scleroderma at Dzone so my friends may see it as well. If you don't mind I would also reveal a tip.

    Finding fantastic video marketing could possibly be extremely
    tough. I find it most worthwhile to talk with a a Bankruptcy Attorneys San Diego.
    Our team of San Diego Probate Attorneys are right here to help you with all your legal
    requirements.

    Have a look at my website - bankruptcy attorney San Diego

    ReplyDelete