Friday, August 13, 2010

The Waiting Game

A quick post tonight... things are improving in the GI department.  My counts are still "too low to count," and I did receive a platelet transfusion today.  Come on, little stemmers, take hold!

I am much inspired by Dr. Mike's suggestion (everyone else can groan here) to post some information about the science behind all of this, and that is my goal for tomorrow.

In the meantime, I sit quietly most of the time with Steve while he works, and I meditate and try to relax my sorry little gut.  It is slowly working, and I look forward to continued encouraging posts!

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to the Science stuff...really! can't believe you have the energy to spend time on that, though. I like better the idea of meditation and rest but I guess after a while you need a little stimulation.
    I chant with you, "TAKE HOLD, LITTLE STEMMERS!"
    I still get questions about you often and have directed a few loyals to your blog-space. Feel very excited about this week...like there is no where to go but up! Love you. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is not feeling like fun at all right now but we are all trying to do it with the grace you talked about earlier. Sometimes I think vomiting sounds better than waiting :). We are bursting to hear about brave stem cells laying claim to their territory. I hope you know how much everyone lives and breathes to read your posts and updates. You really are keeping a lot of us going! So glad to hear your GI system is calming down a bit. Meditation is good!

    ReplyDelete