Sunday, August 8, 2010

Good-bye Cytoxan

Just finished my last dose of Cytoxan, and I don't think I will be missing it!  I still have 2 more doses, including tonight's, of rATG.

I had a much better day.  No more fevers.  I am quite nauseated, but haven't vomited today... yet...

My blood pressure has been troublesome.  It was down as low as 70/30 earlier and spent all day in the 80/40 range.  Now, however, it has peaked at 100/64!  Progress.  To address this issue, my doctor has had to further reduce my medication for my heart and lungs, Tracleer.  But, this is a temporary issue and hopefully my blood pressure will recover when the Cytoxan is all through.

I am looking forward to tomorrow night, when the water torture (AKA continuous bladder irrigation) is set to end, too!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Holly,
    It is so good to get your blog. So glad to hear the progress for your BP and that you are feeling better today. We had a good day with your boys today. It is always a pleasure to spend time with them. The 5 of our kids all get along so well. We went to Lomas Santa Fe to swim. Austin scraped his chest on the diving board while trying to do a back flip. OUCH! They all got a little excited to implement their first aid so quickly after taking the babysitting course the day before. Once we knew Austin was OK, I heard one of our kids jokingly offer to do CPR! HaHa! Other than that they swam, played water games and had a beautiful 84 degree day! That's all for now! Love, Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have checked your blog all day and been thinking of you. So glad it was a little better today and hope the blood pressure returns to normal soon. You are awesome! Big hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly, just in from an evening shift out on district, so glad to read your blog and hear that you are feeling better today, love looking at all your pic's that you post. I was wondering if you will give Stuart a run for his money with the nicest shaped head!!lol. COME ON HOLLY (loud Scottish accent) we are all rooting for you. Love 2 u and your family. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, I can't believe that the three days I was in Chicago were about the only three days you weren't there. But it's nice to know that you are being taken care of in such a great city. And by the way, only you could look so good with no hair, that's a heck of a way to get out of coloring your hair. My positive thoughts are with you always and send Steve my best, what a guy. Donna

    ReplyDelete