Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Steve

It's our 16th anniversary today, and Steve and I did not celebrate in style.  We did, however, share a slow paced day at the hospital during which he held my IV pole and accoutrements while we took some laps around the 15th floor of Prentice.  He is an amazing, kind, loving and supportive husband, a great dad, and I am so lucky to have him in my life and here in Chicago to be my life partner and companion.

My body is doing fine with a few little twists and turns.  I am getting very high doses of steroids... 10 mg of decadron IV with chemo number 1 followed by 1000 mg of solumedrol IV with chemo number 2.  In addition, many of my medications are run into my body with dextrose, a sugar.  So, my blood sugar is a little high, a result of the steroids and IV fluids.  We will have to keep an eye on it, but so far it's a minor glitch and fairly common with this regimen.

Also, my blood pressure is very low.  84/39 at last check.  This is also likely from my medications, and I will discuss adjustments in the morning with my team.  They are trying to protect my heart, but I do need to be able to stand up, too!  :)

Otherwise, my numbers are great and I am feeling OK.  A little tired, a little unpleasantness, but so far so good.

Thanks to all for your continued notes of support!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. May you be blessed with many more years together.
    My husband and I just celebrated our 15th last month. We are both lucky to have such special men in our lives to support and love us despite our illness. Take care, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Holly & Steve! We miss you, Holly & look forward to your safe & healthy return. We think of you always & send you millions of positive thoughts. I hope the "water torture" is almost over. The kids & I had a great time w/you & Luke last week! Thank you for sharing your day w/us:)
    We love you, Steph & fam :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly - You never cease to amaze and inspire me. I had a great anniversary just getting to be with you today. I love you! Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are both blessed to have each other and I'm so glad you are going through this together as it strengthens you both. Happy, Happy anniversary, and have at least 50 more. Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. For a while now. I've been tuning into open blogs/diaries by people with chronic illness... Scleroderma and Myositis, in particular. It's a quiet connection I've learned to appreciate. Because it can all be so challenging...

    Just want to say hello. And thanks for putting your words - and yourself - out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary Holly and Steve. So glad to hear everything is going reasonably well and you are not suffering too much.

    Right now, we're with a lot of people who are pulling for you. Lou, Barb, Nancy, Steve, Kathy, Lauren, Matthew, Cameron and Alison all say hi and are following these blog entries closely. (Michael is at a friend's house.)

    We love you!
    John and Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know he tells you this too.... but I will echo that Steve is the lucky one... :) You are equally lucky. Love you...

    ReplyDelete