Friday, June 11, 2010

We've got Trouble


Right here in River City
Trouble with a capital T
That sounds like P
And stands for...


Pulmonary Hypertension.


I will have to await the results and full evaluation of the cardiac MRI and stress echo to see if we can proceed to transplant.


I was reading (and enjoying) my new #1 Ladies Detective Agency book, "The Double Comfort Safari Club," when I was called into the cath lab.  When I returned from the lab-crying, I'm afraid- I picked up my book and began to read again.  Our hero, Mma Ramotswe, was in church, listening to the sermon, when a woman in front of her in the pew began to cry.  And these were literally the words I read...


"Do not cry, Mma, she began to whisper, but changed her words even as she uttered them, and said quietly, Yes, you can cry, Mma.  We should not tell people not to weep-we do it because of our sympathy for them-but we should really tell them that their tears are justified and entirely right."


I've always felt so weak when I cry.  So I'm glad my friend Alexander McCall Smith let me off the hook today.  I'm feeling better, and my doctor hopes we will be able to proceed as planned... 

6 comments:

  1. Holly, crying is good. Getting good news is even better. We hope and trust we will get good news from you very soon. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly:

    You just cry your little old heart out. Then, hang in there and gather all the facts the way you always do. Go to Snopes and see if what they say is true (an inside joke).

    Love ya, John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you... And the strongest being ever, Jesus, wept. So let them fall. Praying tears of joy will be next! lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Holly - It's so great that you're keeping everyone posted on all that's going on in Chicago, and ouch for all the sticks. I know you're really missing all three of your guys as they are you.
    You can always be counted on for keeping yourself and your relatives and friends in good spirits, but I'm so glad you also let us see the sadness when unexpected things happen. I believe deeply that good things are coming your way this time around, as James Taylor sings.

    As others have noted, you are an unbelievably strong person for having come through three years of this awful disease. We are with you all the way.

    Hugs, kisses and love from Elaine and Curtis to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, you are anything but weak, and I look forward to hearing good news with your next post. We're there in spirit right beside you. Hang tough. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly...the words you read were priceless and so true. You are a special lady and I pray you get home to your loved ones soon. Crying is like turning on a water faucet, it is releasing pressure...Love to you and yours, Constance

    ReplyDelete