Monday, June 7, 2010

Chi-Town


Back in Chi-Town!  The trip wasn't easy... my cab broke down in a thunderstorm on the way to my apartment from the airport... but I made it.


I had a busy day of testing today.  My pulmonary function testing started the day.  My results were pretty stable from the last test, according to the tech.  :)  


I also had an EKG, high resolution Chest CT, sinus CT, and Chest X-ray today.  The day was pretty smooth at the hospital and clinic, the staff were wonderful, the other patients are friendly, and the facility here is really quite impressive.


My apartment is quite nice, as well.  I'm in the Streeterville part of town, which I really like!  The weather was perfect today... almost like San Diego.  :)  My apartment has lots of great amenities, one of which is a shopping cart in the lobby.  I can wheel it down to the grocery store, which means it's far easier for me to go shopping!  Never mind that I was dressed in my usual "layers" last night in the chilly rain, wheeling along with my shopping cart on the streets of the big city.


Send me an email and let me know how you're doing!  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Holly! I was excited to see your post. We're thinking about you and wishing for smooth sailing in Chicago. Love, Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, we are so glad to hear that your results are stable compared to last time. All our love, Russ & Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're having oodles of frozen custard. Zach, Jenna, Daniel and I send hugs!

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh you always manage to make me laugh. Shopping cart lady..... Seriously, we are so happy about stable tests. Sounds wonderful, and thank goodness you are settled there and FINALLY getting started on the real road home!!

    ReplyDelete