Thursday, June 10, 2010

Go Blackhawks!

Wild times in Chicago!

The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, and the town has gone wild!

This morning I had my dobutamine stress echo, and the nurse and echo tech confided in me that the doctor in charge of my test was a big Philadelphia fan.  Afraid to rib him (they needed to keep their jobs), they begged me to do it for them.

Clever as ever, I waited until he cleared my heart on the stress test before innocently asking, "So, Dr. B, are you looking forward to the parade tomorrow?"  He looked at me, looked at the staff, and their was a VERY brief moment of silence before the nurse and tech burst out laughing.  Dr. B immediately knew they had put me up to it, and fortunately proved to have a great sense of humor.  :)

The city streets were super busy today as the Cup made the rounds, and there is a huge parade scheduled for tomorrow.  I'm hoping my doctors and nurses show up for the cardiac cath.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha :) F reads up on the doctor's favorite teams before going to our kid's appointments...it does seem to help. Have a good day tomorrow. Es

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly:

    Tears are still in my eyes from reading your blog of the past 3 days. Tears of joy as I feel the positive energy coming out of your tests to date. Let's hope the Blackhawk's win is a symbol of the end result of your tests and procedures - a Winner all the way.

    PapPap

    ReplyDelete