Wednesday, June 16, 2010

There's no place like home...

So good to be home.  So grateful to my friends and family for taking care of the boys and keeping my spirits up.  So glad Jake's team made it to the Little League finals Friday so I can see them play!

Great job, boys!  Thanks for keeping the rally alive!

I appreciate all of your good wishes and comments.  Just a point of clarification... I haven't really been kicked to the curb!  The folks in Chicago are happy to help me, but I admit I felt forlorn when I learned that I no longer qualify to cross-over in the ASSIST trial.

Many options are on the table, and I will be meeting with my doctor here and talking with my family to decide on our course.

Oh, if I only had a brain!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there ~ I am newly diagnosed (Oct 2009) with mostly GI and Joint issues, no real skin invovement yet... +ANA and Centromere antibodies with esophageal dysmotility, delayed gastric emptying, gastropathy, hand pain, join pain and fatigue like nobodies business.... I have a stem cell transplant recipiant in our support group here in Arizona. She is doing well. I am so sorry to hear about your trial. So sorry my heart BREAKS for you. What other options did they give you? For now I am on Methotrexate and PPIs (nothing for the raynauds) and thats it so far with the exception of Vitamin supplementation due to some malabsorption. What are your stats? Would love to hear more about your journey and what led to your DX
    Thank you and wishing you all the best!
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are home but SO sorry for the reason why. I know you are really disappointed and want to let you know that I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

    Love, B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Stacie,

    Thank you for your comments! I'd love to tell you more about my journey anytime... glad to help you in any way I can. It's a scary time that first year... I hate this disease. Can you post your email? I'll send you a note!

    Love,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete