Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hair Yesterday, Gone Today?

Yeah, I guess I should have posted this one sooner.  That old "here today, gone tomorrow" thing.  Anyway, thought I'd share my first baldy photo.  I still have a little stubble on top from my trip to the kids' hair dresser today.  It's the cheapest place I could think of to do a little buzz work on top.

I just couldn't stand it any longer though.  I was waking up at night practically choking on handfuls of hair, and I was nearly bald anyway... just a funny, shaggy mohawk on top... so I took the plunge.

Heading back to Chicago on Tuesday for 5 days of ultra-high dose chemo, followed by the stem cell transplant... then we wait about 10 days and the stem cells will find their way into the bone marrow and begin to produce a new immune system for me.  I'm not looking forward to the month of August, but I am really looking forward to a lifetime with a fresh, new immune system.  :)

12 comments:

  1. Your an absolute STAR, I have been following your blog, and you are amazing. So positive, I hope every-ones well wishes are helping to carry you through this ordeal. I'm so pleased that everything is going well.
    You definitely can't deny Jake, you look so alike now, with all your hair off.
    "COME ON HOLLY" (shouted in a broad Scots accent). Love to your family and especially YOU!
    Mic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gorgeous! And it's the perfect commando hairstyle for kicking a** and taking names throughout August. XO.

    Love, Jolie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,

    You are beautiful, strong, resilient, and courageous! The perfect combination to go back to Chicago and kick butt!

    Love ya,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are still, beautiful, courageous and deserving of a new life with a strong immune system. As I said before, you're my hero and I'm praying for you daily. God bless you. Big hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful inside and out, with/without hair, you look great. Es

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're amazing and adorable...thinking of you every day and sending positive vibes. Love, Marybeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must agree with all of the other posts! I see where Jake got his good looks, and dang! You look awesome without hair, too! I always thought you could be the Ivory covergirl and you still could be. Praying for a brand new, super powerful, strong immune system. lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for encouraging my baldness. Got the funniest question today from my friend: "Is is hard to be a bald person?" I started to answer but should have thought about the context... we were at a tennis match, after all... oh, yeah... she asked, "Is it hard to be a BALL person?" Boy, I felt silly! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holly, thinking about you always. Finally found your blog, and forwarded to Margaret as she has been asking about you too. As always, your are looking awesome with or without hair.
    My prayers are with you each and every day.
    I am so glad you are having success. Hope to see you in the fall.
    Carol J

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Holly,

    Love the new look! I'm glad the harvesting went well and I hope you're doing OK this week. My thoughts are with you-

    Stacey S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great! The whole Chapter stands behind you Holy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hang in there, gorgeous Ball Person...

    ReplyDelete