Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Nondiagnostic??


Main Entry: non·di·ag·nos·tic 
Pronunciation: \-ˌdī-ig-ˈnäs-tik, -əg-\
Function: adjective
: not diagnostic nondiagnostic lung scan> nondiagnostic physical exam>

So, got the preliminary biopsy results back tonight... and they are nondiagnostic.  The biopsy did not get a big enough tissue sample to make a definitive diagnosis.  However, there was no sign of cancer.  The tissue showed increased vascularity and interstitial thickening.  I think that the nodule is another manifestation of the scleroderma.

The tissue cultures are still pending, but show no signs of growth to date.

I should have more information in the next couple of days as my doctors weigh in--mostly on whether or not to repeat the biopsy--but I promised I would post it as soon as I know and I'm a girl that keeps my promises!

So, while it's a limbo result, I'm kinda used to that and glad it's not bad news!  Let's celebrate!

Love,
Holly

5 comments:

  1. Hoping for more good news. nondiagnostic...I just realized I've been pronouncing it wrong with an "a" sound instead of an "i" sound. Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. No signs of cancer... I will take that one. So sorry no firm answers, but like you say, no bad news is good. Crossing fingers for great luck!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping for more good news on your lungs. So glad the insurance came through. Think about you often. Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly,
    Getting on board with learning about all you are going through. My thoughts are with you and your family. I look forward to keeping in touch. You have always held a special place in my heart. Thank you for sharing your journey!

    Luanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Holly,
    Got your blog info from Melissa and now will learn what is happening with you. Think of you often and have missed seeing your smiling face. No cancer is good news, take care special lady, Constance

    ReplyDelete