Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Break!


Gotta love Spring Break.  I had the kids home all week, and we had a great time!  We are adding a new feature to this week's blog... movie reviews!  Yes, I seem to have spent far too much time at the theater this week.

*** How To Train Your Dragon: a touching story about a young misfit boy living in the Viking world and trying to please his father.  Great animation.  Jake says, "It's a lot like Avatar."  While I agree that people were riding flying dragons in both films, I'm not sure I can fully agree with "Siskel" in this case.

** Diary of a Wimpy Kid: cute story about a sixth grader who's not quite ready for prime time, i.e. middle school.  Both kids approved, but both agreed the book was better.  My kids just love those books.

* Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeakquel.  It gets a star because it was on pay-per-view so I saved on movie tickets and snacks!  It's all good, baby.

But, most importantly, Spring Break brought me another kind of break.  I have had far less pain this week... week one on my new injectable arthritis medication.  I can hardly believe it could act this quickly, but I'll take the placebo effect, too.  :)

Happy Spring!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I can go to sleep tonight with a smile! So glad to hear about your lessened pain!!! Funny you reviewed those movies. I wanted to take Jessie and Livi to see "How to Train Your Dragon", but I got rejected. They thought it would be "too loud".... ?? Would you ask Siskel for me if their fears are justified? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so young and gorgeous in this picture, like you're the older teen sister. I'm glad you're feeling better and got to spend quality time with the kids.

    gor·geous
    Pronunciation: \ˈgȯr-jəs\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English gorgeouse, from Middle French gorgias elegant, perhaps from gorgias wimple, from gorge throat
    Date: 15th century
    : splendidly or showily brilliant or magnificent

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the pain has backed off! Happy you could enjoy Spring Break too. Had been hoping for update from you. Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete