Monday, March 15, 2010

Approval!

Well, we're all looking for a little approval in life.  And while I may not get much--mostly groans at the dinner table (yes, you have to eat this), funny looks from strangers when I dress like a bag lady (sorry--but even in Southern California I've gotta protect these fingers from the cold), and a distinct lack of credit card offers of late (I can't even get pre-approved anymore)--I got my big approval.

My insurance company has approved the stem cell transplant, and I have tentative dates for my time in Chicago this summer.  We're working out the details, but it looks like I will head back in June for pre-testing, undergo mobilization and cell harvesting in July, and receive the transplant in August.

Hoping all goes well this week--I'm off to UCLA and to a San Diego pulmonologist for more approvals.

Oh, and can you believe how big the boys are getting??  That's us in Palm Desert for a tennis tournament a few weeks back.  The boys both played great and both made the semi-finals!

7 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! That is the best news we could have heard!! It has been a long week of watching for your post, and now we can celebrate!! Thank you! Your sons sure are growing up. Amazing, isn't it, that they thrive despite the rotten food we mom's serve them? I am shocked that my kids aren't malnourished, with their disinterest in MY cooking. You must be good, because they look wonderful! Way to go with those semi-finals. That is so unbelievably cool. You all are doing great! Love you, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the approval...all the bureaucracy can be so stressful. Praying for you that this will knock the scleroderma right out of you! lisa
    PS I have a smile (maybe a little on the sad side) seeing Luke still has on his Max bracelet. Luke is such a loving soul! (Like his mommy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Keep warm and eat healthy. Yes your sons are getting big, they're taller than your axilla... a major milestone. Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa--he never takes that Max bracelet off, and Max will forever be in all of our hearts... Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you and will continue to pray for healing and strength for you to go through this phase of treatment. My boys passed me by age 13 so watch out! Good luck to you. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let us know f we can help in any way.

    We are so happy for you!

    Best,
    Brian Adams

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so happy to hear the good news about insurance approval. Some of the Tishler family (John, Trish, Cameron & Alison) are going to be in Chicago for a week or maybe more in July. Hopefully our trip will be at a time when you can enjoy the city and many old friends with us.

    Love,
    John

    ReplyDelete