Monday, February 7, 2011

One of Us


Someday, the light will shine like a sun through my skin & they will say, What have you done with your life? & though there are many moments I think I will remember, in the end, I will be proud to say, I was one of us.
-Brian Andreas

I attended my first scleroderma support group this past Saturday. It is a strange and comforting and disturbing experience: I see around the room the old me, the present me, and the future me. Kind of "A Christmas Carol" moment. :) But, more importantly, I enjoyed just meeting new friends and laughing about some of the unusual shared issues faced by those with this disease.

I am also a week away from the answer to the question that seems to be most concerning to me of late: what is my pulmonary artery pressure? I will celebrate Valentine's Day with my cardiology team in the cath room and hope for good news there!

Just hoping the weather's not too ugly in Chicago next week... we have enjoyed, as my friend Marcy says, Chamber of Commerce weather the past few days in San Diego. Gorgeous, sunny, crisp and clear. I had a wonderful ride on Xander this morning and was even able to sneak in a little trip to Disneyland with my children, husband and parents last week!

I feel my arthritis slowly but steadily creeping back up on me. I didn't miss it while it gave me a brief respite. Just hoping the big news is good news. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Holding good thoughts for great results next week. Always in my prayers. Kelly said it was a great meeting. I think you two are terrific together. Keep up the good work. Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you lots of luck for Really Good Big News, and Happy Early Valentine's Day!

    Love, Jolie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward now to wonderful, happy news in about a week. May you have the very best news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our thoughts will be with you next week. We love you!
    Pam, Greg, Megan, and Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you Holly. Good luck, Rich

    ReplyDelete