Tuesday, February 15, 2011

About A Girl


Had a wonderful evening with my stem cell transplant buddies. After spending a month cooped up together in the hospital, we were looking forward to an actual dinner out! So, we arranged to have our 6 month follow-up visits on the same day--tomorrow--and planned a night out in the big city for tonight.

We went to a fabulous restaurant in Chicago. It was very nice to just sit in peace, eating great food and chatting a bit about our lives "on the outside." Neither of my stem cell buddies has scleroderma, so their experiences have been quite different from mine. (Dr. Burt does stem cell transplants for several autoimmune diseases.) All the same, we have shared something very unique and it was nice to see how well we are all recovering.

I had a lot more testing today and will get my official results tomorrow. I do have my results from the pulmonary function testing, which is stable. That's good, but after yesterday I had even begun to hope for improvement. I'll try not to get too greedy... :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Holly, we are so happy for the news thus far and hope for more of the same. Are you staying warm? Will look forward to hearing all about it when you return. Big hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete