Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm Famous!

When I started my career as a physician, I admit I did not think that my first major publication would be as one of the 125 white women in a study.  But, there you have it.

I have enrolled in several scleroderma research studies these past 3 years, although only one (ASSIST, in Chicago) has involved treatment.  The others just want to study me--draw labs, look at my test results, have me complete forms on all sorts of unusual and somewhat personal questions!  But, it is worth it in the name of science.

The first of these studies has been published, and I will attach a link to a summary of their findings at the end of this post.  For those who are curious, I do carry the ATA-1 antibody (also known as Scl-70), which turned out to be the only indicator of early and aggressive lung disease.

As for me, well, I'm sitting at home, taking calls from my agent and having bon bons dropped gently onto my tongue.  I really should have one of my people take a look at my toenails... atrocious!  I can't bend over to paint them without feeling sick still.  I had a rough weekend but I know that I will be feeling better soon.  Check out the link below!

http://7thspace.com/headlines/355983/predictors_of_interstitial_lung_disease_in_early_systemic_sclerosis_a_prospective_longitudinal_study_of_the_genisos_cohort.html

3 comments:

  1. As ever, it was great to see the boys at the Max Run! You were missed. Know I think of you every day. Praying you'll be able to paint those toes soon! xolisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, you really make me laugh. :) And as funny as you are, and as much as I love your low key crazy humor, I always then feel sad, because you do so much all the time to keep up all of our spirits when you feel so lousy. I would give so much if I could pick up your spirits just a hundredth as much as you always do the rest of us. Now, get one of the agents of yours to take care of those toes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come over an give you a pedicure! Kate

    ReplyDelete