Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!


Can you believe it's been a year?

Today is the one year anniversary of my stem cell transplant. It's amazing to be where I am.

I had a rather shocking moment at the Scleroderma National Convention this year. Dr. Burt said during his lecture that the average life expectancy of someone with systemic scleroderma and a TAPSE score of less than 1.8 was one year. Well, one year ago my TAPSE was 1.6, but today I enjoyed a wonderful ride on my new horse, Costa, and I plan to attend a horse show next week. :)

I am so lucky to have enjoyed this ride, as well, with all of you. Thanks for all of the love and support of the past year. My fight continues, but it doesn't feel like a fight every day anymore. It feels like a magical and wonderful life.

I am so grateful, and I hope that we will continue to make progress in the treatment of scleroderma.

Video of Holly and Costa

3 comments:

  1. Happy Stem Cell Birthday!! And many, many more! I'm SO happy for you, Holly. You are truly an inspiration.

    Costa is absolutely gorgeous, and you two look like you've been together for a long time, not just one lesson! He looks like a real sweetheart, too. Good Luck in the show next week; I have a feeling you're going to clean up. :) Keep me posted!

    Lots of love, Jolie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you feel. A magical and wonderful life sounds so good compared to nausea and misery a year ago!!! What a celebration we all can have! Costa is gorgeous. And he looks very very smart and good natured. Keep up the marvelous work and never lose that beautiful spirit of yours!! I know you never will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rider, beautiful horse!

    Much love from the Schudson Family

    ReplyDelete