Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Life to the Theme From Star Wars

It's a typical evening at the H-W home.  Luke and Jake are practicing piano.  Jake is learning... you guessed it... the Theme from Star Wars, which I have come to know and love.  :)

It's wonderful for me to see life returning to its usual rhythm, with its usual ebbs and flows.  I feel such an incredible weight off of my shoulders now that the stem cell transplant is behind me.  I know that I have done everything that I can do medically to overcome this disease, so I am freed from the worry and angst of what I should (or shouldn't) do next.  I still take my handfuls of pills each day, and still have plenty of symptoms, but that nagging feeling of impending doom just seems to have floated away.

It may have found you, or someone else I know and love.  Possibly the worst thing about having scleroderma is the conversation I have all too often... it always begins with, "I know this doesn't compare to what you are going through..." and ends in any number of personal crises.  I am sorry if I haven't been the kind of friend and listener I once was, but I promise--I'm back.  Bring it on.  If I can help, if you need a shoulder, or just a good ear, please let me know.

And for those who haven't seen me lately, I'm finally growing some hair!  And eyebrows!  And eyelashes!  I don't have a real photo, so my Mac Photo Booth will have to do for tonight.

8 comments:

  1. Holly:

    You are a beautiful woman with or without eyelashes and hair. Glad to see them coming back though for the return towards normalcy.

    Hugs and Love,

    CS II

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to see your glowing face, so glad to hear you are feeling better, and its only onward and upward from now on!! Keep strong, love to you and your gang. Mic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely stunning. As always. Thanks for an uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to see your smiling face! Es

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, I was so happy to see your smiling face on here tonight. You are beautiful, and I look forward to seeing you in person one of these days before too long. It's been very busy here with my granddaughters as I pick up one of them every day at school, by choice. I am determined to spend every minute with them that I possibly can as they are growing much too quickly. So happy your family has you back with them as that is the most important. Love & blessings. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly,

    Hang in here !!!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the smiling photo! Glad you are feeling better!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete