Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pump It Up


Ah, if only I were "This Year's Model."

But, given that I had my own little rebirth in 2010, I am trying to "Pump it Up" a bit. When I saw Dr. Furst last month he advised me to participate in a formal cardiac rehab program. However, my cardiologist suggested that I just go ahead and exercise at home, which seemed much easier to me.

I started back on my elliptical, and increased my program by one minute per day. Today, I reached my first goal of 20 minutes on the elliptical. Now, I know to most of you this seems fairly pathetic, but I am pretty proud of my progress. I plan to spend at least a month at 20 minutes now, as this is a decent start, and see how my joints and other symptoms take the new program.

I can hardly believe the progress I've made in a year, though! Whoo hoo!

Our team is coming together for the scleroderma walk in July, and now I am a bit more confident that I can be ready. Don't forget to check the site (see the last post) to sign up to walk with us! :)

2 comments:

  1. 20 Minutes sounds good to me. I'm only at 10 minutes on my stationary bike, and am really huffing & puffing when I finish. My doc is happy with 10 minutes and hopefully I work up to 15. If you don't have scleroderma, it's hard to imagine the fatigue. Good for you Holly! Good luck on the walk. We miss you!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly - You'll always be "This Year's Model" to me!!!

    ReplyDelete