Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kickboxing Rides Again!

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things."
"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
- Lewis Carroll


FirstGiving

Kickboxing for Scleroderma began as a team. A team inspired by my recent diagnosis of scleroderma, and committed to finding a cure, we did our first fundraising walk in 2007. This team led to my blog, and my involvement with the Scleroderma Foundation... I know that I have enjoyed tremendous support through this process, and I hope that I have given back even a fraction of that which I have gained. Now that my strength is improved, I am committed to giving back even more.

You are part of this team, and I am so grateful.

My sons, Jake and Luke, has stepped up this year as team leaders.

Luke is our fund raiser, and you must see the adorable (no bias here!) video that he has created for our annual walk. Check the link above. Luke has lofty goals, and plays the task master both on his video and here at home, making sure we properly promote our team: LUKE LAPS! Please visit the page. :)

Jake--home today with me and recovering from a nasty oral surgery--is the head of the "envelope stuffing committee" as he calls it with all of his wonderful humor. He is technically one of 3 people running the annual Linda Lee Wells Memorial Education Day, a completely free event (you are all welcome to come!), run and staffed by an all volunteer group, to provide a top notch educational event.

See the link below, and join us!

Eventbrite

6 comments:

  1. Holly,

    You are amazing. You seem to be so happy in the midst of all that you are dealing with. I check you blog every day. Thanks for discussing the results of your tests. My doctors believe that the less I know, the happier I'll be. Of course, this drives me crazy! My LVEF is 67.5; PAP is 24.4, E/A ratio is 1.1; E/E ratio is 5.7. What does this tell you? Perhaps, you can become an online scleroderma doctor. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the previous poster: Holly is the best doctor in the world. We miss her terribly as our doctor. You will never get better advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke and Jake.... what an awesome video!!! Great job. You two are the best medicine in the world for your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly, You're an absolute fighter and we all wish you the best of luck for the 18th of June, and we wish we could be there to support you and the family on that important day. Oh Holly, your boys, well they are just impecible and have such great mentors like you & Steven :) Lots & lots of love,Michelle and the rest of the gang in Scottieland x

    ReplyDelete
  5. To my anonymous friend with the echo results... or at least I think they are echo results? It's really hard to accurately estimate pulmonary artery pressure (PAP) from an echo. I don't understand how they can be so accurate to the decimal point. Without more information, I really can't interpret your test results (was that systolic or mean pressure, etc?) I wish I could. If you need help figuring things out, though, pop me an email at hollyhauser@mac dot com. I will do whatever I can to help. Trying to disguise my email address to keep it from the prowling spam computers on the net. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. But mostly I hope that I can help you communicate more effectively with your own medical team so that you can always get the information you need. :)

    ReplyDelete